Jeffrey E. Sher / Shareholder /
Jeff is shareholder with FizerBeck, and his practice focuses on business organizations and commercial transactions, nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations, taxation and charitable giving. Jeff regularly counsels (i) closely-held businesses and their owners on an on-going basis and in connection with sales, mergers, acquisitions and other reorganizations, (ii) tax-exempt organizations on an on-going basis and in connection with the organization of such entities, (iii) physicians and physician groups with respect to organizational, tax, business and employment matters, (iv) executives of public and private companies with respect to their employment and compensation arrangements, and (v) individuals in connection with general tax matters and, in particular, charitable giving. Jeff began his legal career at FizerBeck upon graduation from law school.
- University of Houston Law Center (LL.M. in Taxation, 1993)
- Tulane University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1991)
- Williams College (B.A., Political Science and History [with honors], 1986)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Member, American Bar Association (Business Law Section, Health Law Section and Tax Section)
- Member, State Bar of Texas (Mergers & Acquisitions Section, Health Law Section and Tax Section)
- Former Chair, Tax Exempt Organizations Committee, Tax Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Former Council Member, Tax Section of the State Bar of Texas.
- Member, Houston Bar Association (Merger & Acquisitions Section, Health Law Section, Taxation Section)
- Former Officer, Health Law Section of the Houston Bar Association
Professional Awards & Specializations
- Former Adjunct Professor, University of Houston Law Center