Kate Dickinson / Associate /
Kate is an associate attorney with FizerBeck, practicing estate planning, taxation, and estate administration. After graduating from Duke University School of Law in 2013, Kate clerked for the Honorable Don R. Willett during the Texas Supreme Court's 2013‑14 term. She joined FizerBeck in 2020, after practicing gift and estate tax controversy in the tax department of a large, Houston-based firm and then serving as a trust officer for an international banking and trust services corporation.
Kate assists clients in designing and implementing simple to complex estate and gift plans, including the drafting of Wills and Trust agreements. With respect to estate administration, Kate assists clients with the administration of both taxable and non-taxable estates, including the funding of testamentary trusts. Kate also represents fiduciaries in connection with probate procedures, trust and estate administration, trust modifications, the preparation of federal Gift and Estate Tax Returns, allocations and elections associated with the Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax and analysis of matters pertaining to estate, gift, and GST taxes.
- Duke University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013)
- University of St. Thomas (B.A. in Theology and Philosophy, summa cum laude, 2009)
Professional Organizations & Memberships
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section)
- State Bar of Texas (Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- Houston Bar Association (Probate, Trust, and Estate Section)
- Houston Estate and Financial Forum
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Away from work, Kate enjoys reading and spending time with family.