Matthew J. Frogel/ Associate /
Matt is an associate attorney with FizerBeck, practicing estate planning, taxation, and estate administration. Matt joined the firm in 2021 and previously worked as a tax and corporate associate at a major international law firm and as a tax controversy associate at a Big-Four accounting firm.
Matt assists clients in designing and implementing simple to complex estate and gift plans and routinely drafts Wills, Trust Agreements and inter-family transaction documents. Matt also advises individual and family office clients on federal and state income tax matters. Additionally, Matt assists clients with the administration of both taxable and non-taxable estates, including the funding of testamentary trusts. Matt also represents fiduciaries in connection with probate procedures, trust and estate administration, trust modifications, the preparation of federal Gift and Estate Tax Returns, allocations and elections associated with the Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax and analysis of matters pertaining to estate, gift, and GST taxes.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., in Taxation, 2016)
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2013)
- Yeshiva University (B.A. in Economics, 2009)
Professional Organizations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas (Tax Section)
- Houston Bar Association (Probate, Trust, and Estate Section; Taxation Section)
- Houston Estate and Financial Forum